Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Kids' Dream Vacation, Yet We All Ended up in Tears

So, it's Thursday night, and the ruler-follower that I am will not let this night pass by without my post.  Even though we seriously just walked in the door, scarfed down some KFC at 8:42 p.m., and put four extremely crabby kids to bed.

We just survived, endured, managed, suffered through, experienced, and had a blast on a family vacation.  A vacation that has been the focal point of this entire summer.  One that we could not wait to go on, but about six hours ago, we could not wait to end!

I'm sure this will be the shortest blog post you'll ever see on Mama Loves You and Chocolate, Too.  It's so short because I am dying to crack open one of those bottles of wine which Mark and I took on the trip, yet sadly brought back home with the screw top still intact.  I wanted to let you know that my fingers missed my keyboard, as I just can't seem to master typing on an I-pad.   I wish I had time now to tell you all about what made this trip so memorable, but I've really got to go! 

We are almost done with Season 2 of The Killing, and I just really need to find out what happens.  Don't tell me!

Spoiler alert for our vacation, with details to come on Saturday morning when I can relax with coffee in hand and kids happily playing outside:  everyone had some of the best times of their lives, yet we all shed tears at least once. 

Please check back in on Saturday to hear what vacation with four kids of extremely different ages is like, why we as parents torture ourselves year after year, and to laugh when you realize it doesn't just happen to you. 

No, we did not head to a tropical island with four children.  This photo was taken during our first big vacation with kids.   It was actually very relaxing.  We weren't outnumbered yet, and they were still toddlers.  We headed to Guam, USA during our stay as expats in Japan. 

1 comment:

  1. More to come on Saturday, but we just came home from a vacation that really tested the limits of our family bonds. Now to unwind!! Tell me your vacation stories!

    ReplyDelete