Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Teeth Are Really Not That White

Ever since I uploaded the profile picture I knew I wanted to use for Mama Loves You and Chocolate, Too, I noticed that it was instantly photo-shopped. Isn't it funny how that's a verb? It doesn't even have a squiggly red line under it, meaning I made it up. Photo-shopped is actually recognized by Blogger as a real word. Photo-shopped.

Back in July, Blogger decided that my teeth weren't white enough for my blog, and so it just made them whiter. My teeth suddenly were freakishly white in my profile photo. I actually deleted the picture and uploaded it a second and third time, thinking it must have been a mistake. Nope, it happened again, my not-so-white teeth being instantly re-whitened.

When I looked closer, I realized that my cheeks were also photo-shopped. They have been sort of blurred out, in a weird way that I don't quite understand. I really do like my original photo better. You can always see the real me on my Facebook page. Here's my actual photo...Pre-Automatic Photo-Shop. It was taken very early one morning, when Trixie and I were preparing to leave the house for an overnight field trip with her fourth grade class. I loved spending those two days with her, and I love the pictures and memories we have from that trip. This photo shows the real me. I'm a mom. I have wrinkles and glasses, and I was up and ready before dawn to devote my time to children on a long bus trip.

 
I'm not going to whine about how offended I am that the Internet finds my teeth not white enough for publication. I do love coffee and Coke. Those drinks stain teeth, right? I could whiten them on my own if I really wanted whiter teeth. (My teeth are annoyingly sensitive, so I've always been afraid of those treatments, fearing they'll become even worse, and then I really couldn't drink any more coffee or Coke).

So, why am I telling you about this teeth whitening nonsense? Honestly, because I do not know how to Un-Photo-Shop my picture. I really do prefer my first picture. Would I even have noticed if the picture had been photo-shopped in a more realistic manner, say like bumping up the whiteness just one degree instead of twenty?

Sometimes, when I see my profile picture, smiling back at me, I feel like you guys probably think I'm trying to be Ross.

 
 
 
Have you ever considered photo-shopping one of your pictures for posting online? Would you even know how? Try Blogger. They'll do it for you.
 
 
 
 
I'd love for you to find me on Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment