Saturday, September 20, 2014

It's The World Wide Day of Play-I'm Going Outside

Trixie reminded today me that she loves where we live because we have a six-month-long-winter! She likes it because it means more snow days, of course. Hearing her bring it up this morning on the way to swimming made me realize that our number of warm, sunny days may be numbered. It's noon already, and I'm just now having a chance to sit to write. Instead of spending the normal amount of time I would to come up with something insightful or sweet or funny, I am going to take a lesson from Nickelodeon.

Today is their World Wide Day of Play. Have you heard of it? For three hours, they are turning their TV stations to black so kids will be inspired to go outside to play. They've been advertising it for weeks. It's a fantastic idea, so I'm stealing it.

I'm jumping offline for the afternoon. I'll be back soon, and I'll have something better to post on Tuesday. By then, I'm sure something will have happened worth documenting for you guys. For now, I'm going to enjoy this gorgeous fall day with the kids and Mark. Hopefully we'll go for a bike ride and then clean up some acorns and all the giant webs the spiders are making on our front porch. I really don't need them to decorate our house early for Halloween.

Will you join me? Maybe have some apple cider and chili? Tell me what you did with your family for the World Wide Day of Play.

Learn more about Nick's World Wide Day of Play.

No comments:

Post a Comment